The Butcher’s Cabinet Episode 4 – Cube Roll (Scotch Fillet, Rib Eye, Cattleman Cutlets, Tomahawk Steaks)January 27, 2019
Episode 6: Mince and SausagesFebruary 10, 2019
Finishing up the beef forequarter, join Holly the Butcher as she looks into the cuts of meat found on a cow’s belly: Brisket, Ribs, Skirt Steak, Flank Steak and Hanging Steak.
Brisket roast, trimmed.
- 2-3 ribs per person.
- Marinade of choice.
- Cover the ribs in marinade and leave in fridge (covered) over night.
- Place ribs in slow cooker on low for 8 hours.
- Serve hot with a good beer, whiskey or glass of red wine.
- 2kg brisket, skirt and/or flank steak, trimmed (the less pieces, the less you have to pull apart later).
- 1 onion, diced finely.
- 3 tablespoons paprika.
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder (can be substituted with 2 cloves garlic, crushed).
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- 125ml/1/2 cup malt vinegar.
- 250ml/1 cup tomato sauce/ketchup.
- 120g/1/2 cup brown sugar, packed in.
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce.
- For extra heat, add chilli flakes to taste (beware: they get hotter as they stew!).
- Pour in half the ingredients. Place brisket in slow cooker, and cover in the rest. Add 1/4 cup of water if you prefer a stew.
- Cook on high for 8 hours.
- Break brisket apart with a fork.
- Serve on bread rolls, or as part of a plate. Best served with coleslaw, pasta salad or potato salad (something creamy).